About this course
This qualification aims to develop the learner’s knowledge and understanding of how to work in end of life care.
⚡️ Free of charge - this course is fully-funded by the government as long as you've lived in the UK for three years and are aged 19+
💻 Start this course as soon as you're ready - no need to wait for a new term to begin
👨🏻🎓 Nationally-recognised and accredited qualification
👍🏽 Get support from our in-house team at Farnborough College of Technology
📆 Option to complete the course faster by putting in extra time
🧾 Boost your CV and job applications straight away
⭐️ Option to pay for the course if you're not eligible for fully-funded option
Who is this programme for?
This qualification is designed for a wide range of learners who wish to gain an understanding of end of life care.
These may be learners who wish to access this training with a view to progress to further qualifications or employment within health and social care, to complement other qualifications in apprenticeship frameworks within health or health and social care, or to develop in their current job role within health and social care.
What will I study?
During the course you will learn how to manage pain and discomfort, how dementia impacts on end of life care, the role of the care worker in time of death and how to handle the loss and grief process.
Apply online for this course and start making progress straightaway.
If you have any questions about this course then please contact us by phone on 01252 40 55 55 or message us.
This qualification supports progression to further learning in the following areas:
- Level 2 Diploma in Care
- Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Dementia Care
- Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Working with Individuals with Learning Disabilities
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Dignity and Safeguarding in Adult Health and Social Care
- Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of the Prevention and Control of Infection in Health Care Settings
- Level 2 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
- Level 2 Certificate in Awareness of Mental Health Problems
- Level 2 Certificate in Common Health Conditions
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Autism
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Behaviour that Challenges
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding the Care and Management of Diabetes
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Nutrition and Health
- Level 2 Certificate in Falls Prevention Awareness
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Specific Learning Difficulties
What previous qualifications and experience will I need?
There are no specific prior qualifications needed to access this qualification.
Due to government funding these courses are available free of charge; subject to the learners meeting the set eligibility. You must have lived in the UK/EU for the past 3 years and be over 19 years old. There may be a fee should you withdraw from the course.