About this course
This qualification aims to develop the learner’s knowledge and understanding of how to work in end of life care. During the course you will learn how to manage pain and discomfort, how dementia impacts on end of life care, the role of the care worker in time of death and how to handle the loss and grief process.
Who is this programme for?
This qualification is designed for a wide range of learners who wish to gain an understanding of end of life care.
These may be learners who wish to access this training with a view to progress to further qualifications or employment within health and social care, to complement other qualifications in apprenticeship frameworks within health or health and social care, or to develop in their current job role within health and social care.
This course is available to start throughout August until the end of February, but must be completed by 30 June.
If you are paying for the course, you can start on any date throughout the year and have 12 months to complete it.
If you have any questions about this course then please contact us by phone on 01252 40 55 55 or message us.
This qualification supports progression to further learning in the following areas:
- Level 2 Diploma in Care
- Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of Dementia Care
- Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Working with Individuals with Learning Disabilities
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Dignity and Safeguarding in Adult Health and Social Care
- Level 2 Certificate in the Principles of the Prevention and Control of Infection in Health Care Settings
- Level 2 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
- Level 2 Certificate in Awareness of Mental Health Problems
- Level 2 Certificate in Common Health Conditions
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Autism
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Behaviour that Challenges
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding the Care and Management of Diabetes
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Nutrition and Health
- Level 2 Certificate in Falls Prevention Awareness
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Specific Learning Difficulties
What previous qualifications and experience will I need?
There are no specific prior qualifications needed to access this qualification.
Due to government funding these courses are available free of charge; subject to the learners meeting the set eligibility. You must have lived in the UK/EU for the past 3 years and be over 19 years old. There may be a fee should you withdraw from the course.
All interviews will be online.
If you would like to enrol on the course or have any questions
please contact our Business Services Team at email@example.com
or by phone on 01252 407299
THIS IS A ROLLING PROGRAMME. APPLICATIONS ARE PROCESSED THROUGHOUT THE YEAR.